Thursday, June 06, 2013

Badgers Eating Peanuts

Much of my free time lately has been spent at a Badgers' sett I discovered about three months ago. After spending some time just observing them, I've set up a camouflage net near a couple of holes which are being used by a sow and her two babies. This is giving me great close views from only two or three metres away. They are now coming out before dark, generally around 9 p.m., and this clip was filmed at about 9.20 p.m. on June 1st. I took it on my Canon 7D with a 90mm lens:


Some photos to follow soon!

5 comments:

  1. A fantastic video. Thanks for all your effort. Noisy eaters aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great encounter Jeremy.
    Like Adrian says, they're certainly noisy eaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a superb video. So enjoyed :) Made even more poignant by the fact that here in England the unscientific, inhumane slaughter of these beautiful animals is about to begin :( So relieved Wales is vaccinating and not exterminating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. Definitely sad that the Badger cull seems to be going ahead in England, although hopefully these Welsh ones are safe for now. They are nosiy eaters, although the two directional microphones I had placed outside the hide have exaggerated the effect somewhat!

    ReplyDelete