Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Injured Fox Drinking

A pair of Foxes seem to be sharing the sett with the Badgers. Although one seems to be healthy, I would guess this individual has probably come off worse in a collision with a vehicle, and looks as if it is also suffering from mange:


This was filmed on March 22nd to 24th, some of the daylight footage being captured around midday, which is a strange time for a Fox to be active. 
I haven't seen it on the camera since, so I can only guess at what's happened to it.

10 comments:

  1. Other than the injury it looks like a bad case of mange Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, doesn't look very healthy all-round, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to see this poor animal's suffering. I guess it doesn't stand much of a chance Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly doesn't look too good Jeremy. Very sad to see.

    I have just caught up with your latest Badger videos too, great stuff! In the earlier one it looked like a good dose of flea treatment might have been welcome. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sad looking creature, it is sad to see it suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something similar to what happened with a Fox here last season. The sad thing is that all of the Foxes may get Mange from the sickest one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sorry for the poor fox! Well captured video

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a grotty looking fox alright !! but i have seen a lot worse .
    out of interest , what trail camera are you using ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments.
    Tim, THIS is the camera I'm using.

    ReplyDelete