Thursday, April 08, 2010

Springtime!

The sun shone, the birds sang, the flowers bloomed, and for the first time this year I felt overdressed, as I headed down to the local golf course late this afternoon, hoping the Wheatears of yesterday would still be there. Of course, they weren't! Never mind, and I contented myself with a couple of shots of the local Carrion Crows:


Some of the crowds of daffodils growing on the course were already showing signs of withering, but I found some still in their prime, and used the Sigma 500mm f/4.5, coupled with an extension tube, as a makeshift macro lens for these two shots:



I then hurried home to watch the U.S. Masters golf. A man has to have his priorities right!

1 comment:

  1. I would be interested to know what you think of your Sigma lens as well as any other Sigma lenses you have? I only have one: 105mm macro and am thoroughly disappointed with: it went wrong just out of warranty after having been hardly used and the service facility with Sigma was lousy with them sending the lens back with the same fault I sent it in with. It has put me off Sigma but I wondered what others experiences had been like?

    ReplyDelete